Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Minty Goodness

I've had this swatch just laying around for a while so I might as well post it now right? The first time that I saw this polish was on Kandee's blog and I just had to have it! I fell in love with this color, mainly because I love blue polishes and because it was just so bright and happy looking on her. Though her skin tone is a lot darker than my own, I did find that it still looked nice. 

The color is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet and I did put a very sheer shimmer on the ring and thumb nail... I don't remember the name of that polish right now off hand, I believe it is Sally Hansen's Platinum (I know it was Sally Hansen Diamond Strength, but I will update this later with the name). 

Mint Sorbet - This polish is a creme minty green-ish blue polish that leans more towards green. It is a very bright, almost neon, pastel. I know, I wouldn't think pastel and neon go together, but this polish is just so bright that it is just somewhere in between the two, not quite either. I bought this polish on sale at Walgreens when they were having their buy 2 for $5 sale, so it was fairly inexpensive. 
I did like this polish better against Kandee's darker skin tone rather than my pale one. Maybe it's the green in it that isn't quite agreeing with me. I would like this color better if it were not so bright and more pastel. 

With Seche Vite topcoat

 With Seche Vite topcoat

With Seche Vite topcoat

With Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love topcoat 

2 comments:

  1. I love matte!! i just got myself essie matte about you!! I'm super excited to use it :) I'm guessing you like matte as well cause i've seen you use it on the old blog too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matte is my favorite finish to use, especially on light colors like this.
      I hope Essie works out well for you! I've heard great things about it. :)

      Delete